Commercial Solar – Poultry Farm
This commercial Solar Lethbridge was installed on a poultry farm just outside Geelong. The owners of the business decided to go solar due to escalating operation costs, power reliability and a strong focus on becoming a more sustainable business. A previous power outage cost them dearly. This was one of the reasons for the move to solar.
EnergySpec Electrical implemented significant electrical infrastructure upgrades. This complemented by a detailed evaluation and proposal that was commercially viable. The result – a 60.75kWp solar array with high-efficiency panels that have seen their power bill decrease by 78%. The system will generate on average 75% of the energy required for daily operations.
Key benefits of the system:
- The first full billing cycle showed a saving of $1400 per month
- The solar array will generate on average 75% of the energy needs of the farm
- System is expected produce 83MWh of energy annually
- CO2 savings estimated at 97 tonnes annually
EnergySpec Electrical had assisted us with some electrical motor and infrastructure upgrades, we then discussed the possibility of solar, EnergySpec Electrical then took time to undertake a detailed feasibility assessment and then provided us with a proposal that made sense commercially for us
– Peter & Cheryl King, Owners, P & C King Poultry Farm